Ir al contenido principal

Sigulda, land of castles


IMGP3740
Sigulda (Nestor's double Tribute)

The last weekend, the Spanish members of AdVerbum plus the parents of the Estefania went to Sigulda, a small city of Latvia. Sigulda region has 3 castles (Turaida, New Sigulda, Medieval Sigulda). As I am a fan of castles, I enjoyed this trip a lot! (I am thinking in repeat it in September with Rafa and stay all the day. What do you think???).

The weather changed as usual in Latvia. We left Turaida Castles raining down (diluviando) and after 20 minutes, the sun was shinning!!! I want a normal summer!

And the photos...


IMGP3713
Turaida Castle



IMGP3720
From the top of Turaida Castle



IMGP3732
Sigulda New Castle (and the rainbow)



IMGP3735
Guardians of Sigulda Medieval Castle



IMGP3729
Shamanist rithual by Manuel


Trip summary:
  • Train Riga-Sigulda: Latvijas dzelzceļš
  • Price: 1,84Ls round trip
  • Time: around 1 hour
  • Frequency: Check in the website of the train company

  • Sigulda-Turaida: Bus.
  • Price: 0,25 Ls
  • Time: 10 minutes
  • Frecuency: Information in the tourist office
  • Notes: There is a great way to go from Sigulda to Turaida. It is around 6 km. I could suggest a hiking-nature day.

Comentarios

boronat ha dicho que…
Before reading my own name I had already thought that this castle trip would be a good thing to do when I am there... I also like castles ;)

If you want to repeat the visit, I'm your man!
Carlos Tejo ha dicho que…
So, we have Saturday or Sunday booked. It will depend of the Riga night ...